– Tax returns, including all forms and attachments, for the last two years.
– All of the pay stubs you have received from employment in the last seven months.
– Copies of titles to any vehicles, boats, or mobile homes.
– The settlement statement from the sale of real estate in the last four years.
– The marital settlement agreement if you were recently divorced.
– If you own real estate, you’ll also need to submit your most recent real estate tax bill and copies of any recorded mortgages that are in effect. Recorded copies can be obtained from the Register of Deeds office in your county.
Gathering these documents is usually not too difficult. While it may take a bit of time, you’ll be glad you made the effort when your bankruptcy case proceeds smoothly from filing to discharge.
Image credit: kozumel/Flickr